Designer Con 2015

This weekend Designer Con, the annual art and design convention, in Pasadena is taking place. Designer Con is a 2 day event and can be considered as Mekka for a collector of art toys. Everyone who is somehow interested in pop/surrealism art, collectible toys, etc. are going to gather together and enjoy being among people who don't think that you are a weirdo because you collect toys or 'weird' art. So this weekend I will spend my evenings on the couch with my iPad on my lap… browsing through Instagram to see what is going on at Designer Con. This is my only way to be part of it. Plain tickets to Pasadena are expensive…

The week before the event takes place you can see the exclusive editions for Designer Con appear online. So even if I don't go you can put together a wish list hoping some of these exclusives will be available online after the event.

Here's my exclusive wish list: The Oneyes Blog - Designer Con

- Bad Wild Girls by Gary Baseman (3d Retro)
- Rainbow snow cone by Jason Limon ( Martian Toys)
- Ralf "Crimson" edition by Greg Craola Simkins
- Thimblestump Hollow DC editions by Chris Ryniak and Amanda Louise Spayd (Cardboard Spaceship).

Booths that I would love to visit are:
- Beastlies
- Shing Yin Kor
- Circus Posterus
- Martian Toys
- Cardboard Spaceship
- 3Dretro
- Chris Ryniak / Amanda Louise Spayd
- Prints on Wood

If you are one of the lucky people that are going… have fun! And if your not… I know how you feel.

Comments